Thursday, August 19, 2010

My Favorite Ornament is Homemade and Personal

When this book first launched in September 2008, I received a package in the mail not long after. I glanced at the return address, and upon seeing Karen Robbins' name, I quickly tore into the package.

Karen had made and sent each of the Word Quilters a homemade Christmas ornament that was a miniature cover of A Scrapbook of Christmas Firsts. She used a note card provided by Leafwood Publishers, our publishing company, and craftily added Mod Podge and glitter. The result? An astounding treasure commemorating a major milestone in my life--a true Christmas first.

Thank you, Karen, for that special ornament. I loved it then, and continue to enjoy hanging it every year.

Leslie Porter Wilson

2 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

I love ornaments that have a thoughtful meaning behind them.
I bet it's beautiful.
Blessings,
Kim

Wandering Writer said...

Leslie, you are so sweet. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Instructions for making that ornament are on one of our past blog posts.