Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Favorite Christmas Book - Trish Berg

We have a few traditions that surround our Christmas celebrations, and one of my favorites is reading Christams books all month long.

We gather all of our Christmas books, and winter books, and get some more from the library. We put them all in a basket near the Christmas tree, and all December long, we read several each day.

When all my childrne were young, it was their bedtime stories. Now that I have two teens a tween and a second grader, they have become the readers, and as a family we listen to them.

One of our family favorites is The Crippled Lamb by Max Lucado.

It is the story of a lamb that didn;t fit in because he was crippled in one leg. He has to stay at the barn instead of going on a trip with the shepherds and the other lambs.

But God has a surprise for him. For in that very barn, Jesus is born, and Joshua is the first to see the miracle. In fact, he lays next to baby Jesus to keep Him warm.

I have to admit that I tear up when I read that book. What a life lesson on God's will and our will. On trusting His guidance and knowing He is leading us where He wants us to be.

A life lesson I need daily. One I cling to. One I cherish.

1 comment:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

This is one of our favorites as well. We have about 5 Christmas books that we bring out during the season and keep them handy to read and that is one of them that we love.
Have a great night.
Kim