Friday, July 30, 2010

Chocolate Gift Basket

Now is a great time of year to keep alert to sales of potential Christmas gifts. We all love to find bargains and they exist all around us.
I like to package gifts in baskets and woven boxes, which are part of the gift. I often find baskets and other containers in thrift stores like Goodwill and Salvation Army with the original price tags still on.
Buy them early when you find them so you will have them when you need them. Kitchen tools are appreciated by your favorite chef. Last year at World Market I found a set of 5 nice black spatulas on sale for $3 and created a “Kitchen Gift Basket”. I also found some tiny white bowls for 99 cents each and 2 pretty red Christmas theme cloth napkins for the basket. There is no limit to what you can add, from a box of bread sticks to a small bottle of olive oil.
In December I find chocolate bars on sale and buy an assortment, put them in a basket and give the “Chocolate Gift Basket” to chocolate loving friends. I line the baskets with Christmas theme cloth napkins.
What tips do you have for frugal gift giving?

No comments: