Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Tips for Live Trees by Brenda Nixon



Welcome faithful readers!


Do you use a real or artificial Christmas tree? Each year, the Nixon clan rotates; one year it's real, then next we drag out a pre-lit artificial. This practice makes each Christmas different while preserving the tradition of decorating a tree.


I've learned three things by having a live tree in our home:
  • Vacuum daily - or pine needles stick in your carpet and poke little feet.
  • Saturate with clean H2O - or your tree will dry, look ugly and be a fire hazard.
  • Keep kids and pets away - both can do damage to a living tree.
If you want more information on caring for a living tree see http://forestry.about.com/od/christmastrees1/ht/living_x_tree.htm.
Thanks for joining us at A Scrapbook of Christmas Firsts blog.

Brenda Nixon, www.BrendaNixon.com
Co-author, A Scrapbook of Christmas Firsts

1 comment:

DK said...

I was a Nanny for a family one year over Christmas and they had a real tree. Lost lots of needles. Part of my job was to vacuum. So I did I vacuumed up all these needles and the vacuum made some horrible noise and stopped working. Phoned good ole dad and asked what to do as it seemed I broke my bosses vacuum. My dad told me never to vacuum up needles that you have to sweep them up or pick them up by hand as they will clog a vacuum. So I had a lot of fun trying to unclog that vacuum. I did finally get it unclogged but boy was it a lot of work. UGH!