Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Comments by Brenda Nixon

Reader reactions and comments to A Scrapbook of Christmas Firsts have been flooding in. But my fav experiences as a co-author of this book are below:

A towering, tatooed, rotund man, with piercing eyes, who rides his motorcycle to church each Sunday, pointed at my author copy of A Scrapbook of Christmas Firsts and said, "I want that book for my wife."

"Do you want me to gift-wrap it for you?" I asked.

"Yes, and I'll pay you extra."

"Does she like recipes?"

"No. She doesn't cook. She'll like the stories in the book. The recipes are for me."
~~~~
June, the sales clerk working for our auto mechanic, spied A Scrapbook of Christmas Firsts, tucked under my arm. She thumbed through the pages with "ooos" and "awwws."

"You can get this at any booksotre or online," I offered.

"Can I buy this one?"

"Sure." And after I autographed her book, June cradled it in her arms like a baby, while waiting on other customers.
~~~
Barb, the postal employee who always waits on me, whispered, "Bring me an autographed copy of your book tomorrow!"


I signed it, "To Barb ~ Keep the mail moving and enjoy the holidays."

Brenda Nixon, www.BrendaNixon.com
Co-author, A Scrapbook of Christmas Firsts

No comments: