Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Ready or Not, Here They Come! by Brenda Nixon

by Brenda Nixon, speaker and co-author on A Scrapbook of Christmas Firsts

Greetings my faithful readers!
It's Wednesday and my day to post. I'm wondering, how do you spruce up the house for surprise company? Usually, I don't. I'm fortunate to have a living room that is rarely used, therefore it's always neat and ready to welcome guests. I might give a quick dusting if I have enough of a notice, but when impromptu guests pop in, the living room serves as a good first impression.
Now, to really get to know me and my family you'd have to go into our family room. I keep it picked up but it's not nearly as neat or clean as the living room. Go into my office and you'll see my professional side. There I have piles of books, an old school bench, calendars, a bookshelf and cluttered desk. But, of course, a cluttered desk is a mark of genius, or say I've heard. Sprucing up my office is not an option - when you come in there, it's a take it or leave it situation.

No comments: