Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Show Me the Cards!

by Brenda Nixon, co-author A Scrapbook of Christmas Firsts (Leafwood, 2008)

In the movie, Jerry Maguire, a frustrated sports agent gets into a telephone yelling match with his client repeating the phrase, "Show me the money!" That one phrase became the hallmark of the movie.

But, today I'm sharing a way for you to show me the cards! Christmas cards that is. Throughout 28 years of marriage, I've displayed my incoming cards numerous ways. Rather than let them pile up and collect dust somewhere, I prefer to put them out and admire the beautiful scenes, sparkles, and sentiments.

Take a long piece of twine and either tie or tape it to opposites of a picture window. Voila, you now have a place to string up your cards. Last year, we put our line of cards in the family room, where we spend most of our time. One year, it was in the kitchen. You can also string up the cards on the wall between two windows. Regardless of where you display those beauties, get them out and show me the cards!

If you have a copy of our A Scrapbook of Christmas Firsts, you’ll find the history of Christmas cards.

No comments: