Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Gift to My Friend

Today, I was asked to post about a gift I've given to a close friend. Hmm, that's a hard one 'cause (1) I've given many gifts through the years and (2) no one gift sticks out in my mind.

But I'll try to think waaaay back.
Oh yes, when I was in college my close friend, Randy, adored the writings of Kahlil Gibran. So one Christmas I found a copy of Gibran's book, The Prophet, wrote something "friendly" on the the front page and gave it to Randy. He was totally surprised -- which made the gift giving even more fun -- and he loved it. I was broke because you know how poor college students are. But the glee in my friend's face was worth every penny.

Some of you may know my friend Randy . . . but today he's known as Randall Dennis a songwriter, producer, and author in Nashville. Randall has written for several music artists and his book,
Living Worship, is receiving rave reviews. He has received numerous awards including five number-one charting songs, three Gold Record Awards, and two Dove Awards! Way to go, Randy!

Hey, what about you my dear reader. Share one of the best gifts you've given to a friend and why.


by Brenda Nixon

1 comment:

Cathy Messecar said...

Brenda, I have a copy of The Prophet that I lay out on a table each Christmas, sometimes I put it in my spare bedroom over the holidays. It's short, and a guest could complete it in a two day stay.

I need to re-read it this season...Cathy